UMD - 3.6.0
Current State :: deployed
Distro Type :: UMD
Contact :: For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact :: For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
Description :: UMD 3.6.0 is the sixth update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
Release Date :: 2014-04-07 13:53:10
Major Version :: 3
Minor Version :: 6
Revision Version :: 0
Release Notes :: This release contains the following products:
- Grid-Safe v. 1.3.1 release in SL6:
- This is the first release of the Globus accounting solution in UMD.
- Gfal2 v. 2.4.8 release in both SL5 and SL6:
- First release of the GFAL 2.0 Utility tools (gfal2-util) in UMD.
- CREAM SLURM v. 1.0.1 released in both SL5 and SL6:
- This is the first release of cream for slurm in UMD.
- CREAM TORQUE v. 2.1.3 released in both SL5 and SL6
- This is a bugfix release which solves the issue of the information provider failing to parse remote data and the wrong total cpu count from PBS infoprovider together with a dependency issue with lcg-info-dynamic-scheduler.
- WMS v. 3.6.3 released in both SL5 and SL6:
- This is a bugfix release which solves some issues at both server and client level, namely the fact that the wms job purger was still updating the wms's proxy with 512bits proxies.
- DPM-YAIM 4.2.20 released in both SL5 and SL6:
- This new release provides some configuration changes among others at the level of the xroot, http srm plugins.
- GridSite v. 2.2.2 release in SL5 SL6 and debian:
- This is a revision of GridSite, fixing the issue of two or more simultaneous (overlapping) delegation operations interfering with each other.
- Glexec v. 1.2.2 release in both SL5 and SL6:
- This release of glexec provides some bug-fixes and improvements at the level of both gLExec and lcmaps.
- WN SLURM v. 1.0.0 released in both SL5 and SL6:
- This is the first release of cream slurm clients in UMD.
Additional Details :: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-3:UMD-3.6.0
Installation Notes :: All products in the UMD 3.6.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
Known Issues :: Details containing known issues and workarounds found during EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-3:UMD-3.6.0
Change LOG :: This releases includes updates for the following products:
Repository URL :: sw/production/umd/3
Created :: 2014-04-03 16:17:45
Last Update :: 2014-04-07 13:55:14
Documentation Links ::
|SLURM WN||1.0.0||https://repository.egi.eu/static/SW/SLURM WN1.0.0.html|
|CREAM slurm module||1.0.1||https://repository.egi.eu/static/SW/CREAM slurm module1.0.1.html|
|CREAM TORQUE||2.1.3||https://repository.egi.eu/static/SW/CREAM TORQUE2.1.3.html|