UMD 3.3.0 is the third update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
- This release provides some bugfixes name to the need of services restart after configuring with yaim.
- This release provides a fix for the Wrong time format for MaxWallClockTime and Bad timezone format.
- This is a bug fix release, addressing problems with the ARC data tools and dCache HTTPS in addition to a backlog of older minor bugfixes.
- Fixed the sge_local_submit_attributes.sh problem with memory requirements.
- This is a revision release in order to resolve file conflicts between packages.
- This is a minor release but it introduces a backward incompatibility with previous versions. This version among several bug fixes it also provides support for EMI_authlib, service discovery through EMIR and a new improved EMI-ES support interoperable with EMI-ES implementations of ARC, CREAM, and UNICORE.
- This is a hotfix for a bug whereby the type of proxy to sign whas erroneously hard-coded to a single value for different types of proxies, most importantly affecting RFC proxies.
- This release among several bug fixes introduces the database connection pooling. This release also contains important enhancements for DAV and the dpm-xrootd which now uses the DMLITE library .
- New version of glue-validator that will be validated by EGI for integration with the production Nagios infrastructure.
- New version containing a bug fix in the ldap information provider that was preventing to publish some sites when the top BDII was performing slowly. The release also contains a minor fix in the glite-info-plugin-delayed-delete-status plugin.
- This is a bugfix release fixing memory handling issues and also minor packaging issues.
- This is the first release in the UMD-3. UVOS is a component that acts as an information point and organises entities within a hierarchical group structure.
All products in the UMD 3.3.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|CREAM Torque module 2.1.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|PX 1.3.34||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC CE 3.0.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GridWay 5.14.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|DPM 1.8.7||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|BDII core 1.5.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CREAM 1.16.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|BLAH 1.20.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|BDII top 1.1.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GridSite 2.1.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|LFC 1.8.7||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|EMI WN 3.0.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|dcache 2.47.8||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|VOMS-SERVER 2.0.11||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|WMS 3.6.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|VOMS 3.0.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|emi-ui 3.0.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|CANL 2.2.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE UVOS 1.6.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE HILA 2.4.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|