UMD 3.1.0 is the 1st update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
- This releases provides a new koji Make-file together with a new make test for the perl module.
- This release solves a vulnerability bug.
- This release is just a repackaging of EMI-2 glite-CLUSTER components.
- This release provides several bug fixes namely the one related with the LSF backend as well as cluster.pl and qju.pl do no cope well with "-" values.
- No new functionality or bug fixes, simple repacking.
- The UNICORE Registry was updated to use the Common Authentication Library (CANL). Also the configuration file syntax has been unified and made more consistent.
- This release provides some improvements in error and help messages, together with some bug fixes. Now it is possible to start jobs when using 3.0.0rc1 arc client tools and also the incompatibility between jobs.xml arc2.0 and 3.0 as been solved.
- This release provides an updated which enables the use of the Common Authentication Library (CANL).
- This release now provides the functionality of making a generic copy from remote node available for ssh and cpshared methods.
- Bug fix release affecting all BDII flavours on which Obsolete GLUE 2 entries were never removed from the BDII. Also solves the missing symlink to the customised LDAP DB configuration file.
- This release also contains a new version of the glue-validator and of the glue-validator-cron.
- No new features have been added in this version.
- This release provides several bug fixes one of then was the nordugrid-arc-slapd was not able to start in debian.
- This release provides the bug fixes and improvements for the StoRM services namely now StoRM correctly publishes information about storage area sizes in the information system as well as SHA-2 compliance.
- No new features or bugs fixes Simple repacking.
- This release only provides an update of the dpm-xrootd.
- This release provides several new functionalities including the support of new credential formats: PEM, PEM pair, DER.
- The UNICORE Registry was updated to use the Common Authentication Library (CANL).
- This release provides support for dynamic mapping of Grid users to local accounts, using pools of pregenerated uids/gids or scripts creating accounts on the fly. Product uses common UNICORE libraries for authentication and HTTP server setup. Therefore it supports the same options as all other UNICORE 6.6 for configuring truststores, credentials and HTTP server. Among others directory truststore, openssl-like truststore and PEM credentials are supported.
- No new functionalities and now the self authorization option for MyProxy is now supported by the YAIM configurator.
- The dependency on yaim was solved on Debian.
- This release provides a bugfix regarding the addresses of several distinct issues relating to nagios probe customization, proper handling of rarely used authorization roles, and purging of jobs from the L&B Proxy.
All products in the UMD 3.1.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-3:UMD-3.1.0
This releases includes updates for the following products:
- ARC InfoSys
- ARC core
- ARC CE
- ARC Client
- CREAM LSF
- ARC gridftp server
- UNICORE Gateway6
- UNICORE XUUDB
- UNICORE Registry6
- UNICORE Client6
- UNICORE TSI6
- gLite MPI
- CREAM LSF
- BDII core
- GLite Cluster
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|UNICORE/X6 6.0.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE TSI6 5.1.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|gLite-MPI 1.5.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE Client6 6.0.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE Registry6 6.0.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE XUUDB 2.0.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE Gateway6 5.0.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CREAM LSF module 2.0.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC CE 3.0.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC core 3.0.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC Clients 3.0.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC InfoSys 3.0.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC gridftp server 3.0.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|DPM 1.8.6-3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|glite-proxyrenewal 1.3.32||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|LB 4.0.92||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE/X6 6.0.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|WMS 3.5.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|StoRM 1.11.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|BDII core 1.5.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|glite-CLUSTER 1.15.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|