UMD 4.6.1 is a revision of the fourth Major release of UMD. It contains updated packages for CentOS7 and SL6.
For further information about the distribution, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk (https://ggus.eu/) to make a report.
This release contains the following product updates, both for CentOS7 and SL6:
- APEL-SSM 2.2.0 - Added a check that certificates have not expired before starting SSM. SSL errors now propagated out properly and saved for received messages. Trimmed down the number of log messages generated for receivers. Added python-devel build requirement for non fedora-packager OSs (CentOS)
- DPM 1.9.2 - This update includes releases 1.9.2 and lcgdm 0.19.0. It contains a fix for dpm-listspaces wrongly reporting 0 free space for pools See http://lcgdm.web.cern.ch/dpm-192-release
- XRootD 4.7.1 - various bug fixes https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/blob/v4.7.1/docs/ReleaseNotes.txt
- CVMFS server 2.4.4 - fix registration of chunk hashes without bulk hash and non-SHA1 hash algorithm: fix on geoapi. See http://cvmfs.readthedocs.io/en/2.4/cpt-releasenotes.html
- CVMFS 2.4.4 - react to a change of DNS server on macOS. See http://cvmfs.readthedocs.io/en/2.4/cpt-releasenotes.html
- APEL 1.6.1 - various fixes and improvements https://github.com/apel/apel/releases/tag/1.6.1-1
- frontier-squid 3.5.27-3.1 - includes an important configuration change to enable frontier clients to clear out certain types of cached errors
All products in UMD 4.6.1 were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria. Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
Please visit https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-4:UMD-4.6.1 for known issues.
This release adds APEL-SSM 2.2.0, DPM 1.9.2, XRootD 4.7.1, CVMFS server 2.4.4, CVMFS 2.4.4, APEL 1.6.1, frontier-squid 3.5.27-3.1. All updates both for CentOS7 and SL6.
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|apel-ssm 2.2.0||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||APEL|
|dpm 1.9.2||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||DPM|
|xroot 4.7.1||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|cvmfs-server 2.4.4||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||CERNVM|
|gridFTP 12.4.1||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||GLOBUS|
|gram-client 13.19.1||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||GLOBUS|
|lcgdm 0.19.0||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||CERN|
|cvmfs 2.4.4||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||CERNVM|
|apel 1.6.1||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||APEL|
|squid 3.5.27||centos7/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||CERNFRONTIER|