UMD 3.8.0 is the eighth update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and
more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please
send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release
notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the
Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
This release contains the following products:
- dCache v. 2.6.28, versions for SL5 and SL6:
- This release provides an update of jblobus version which improves the error reporting together with a fix for the cases were the DN in certificates was not handled correctly. This version also provides a fix for the words-by-accent bug affecting the info-provider and a new xrootd back-port door.
- STORM v. 1.11.4, versions for Sl5 and SL6:
- This release provides several bug fixes namely at the WebDAV service responds on the /webdav/[storage-area] path. Also now the token used to secure all communication among the storm-frontend and gridhttps services and the backend is configured using the STORM_BE_XMLRPC_TOKEN YAIM variable.
- CREAM v.1.16.3, versions for SL5 and SL6:
- This is a bug fix release which among other fixes solves the issue with the typo in the CREAMCE yaim config_canl_java_tomcat, handles the continuous configuration reload that occurs if triggers are defined and also avoid to log the full stack trace.
- WMS v. 3.6.5, versions for SL5 and SL6:
- This is a bug fix release providing a fix for the case were the glite_wms_wmproxy_load_monitor does not check ICE jobdir and for the glite-wms-job-info -p triggers which triggered a bug in the WMProxy. Also a change was made in yaim which now provides a WMS optimization in the my.cnf configuration file.
- DPM-DSI v. 1.9.3-3, versions for Sl5 and SL6
- This release fixes an issue with transfers managed by FTS2, "EOF is not detected at block boundary". FTS3 transfers are not affected by the bug.
- GFAL2 v. 2.5.5, versions for SL5 and SL6:
- This release present several functionalities like implement lfc logic that allows third party copy logic with SRM or the the implementation in gsiftp of meta-data cache. Also several bug fixes are provided like the problem with dates in gfalFS or the fact that when using an invalid proxy no error message was displayed.
- GridSite v. 2.2.5, versions for SL5, SL6 and Debian:
- This is a revision release providing a fix to the memory handling issues, mostly around GRSTx509MakeProxyCert(), and incorporating a community fix for the htproxyput utility.
- L&B v. 4.1.2, versions for SL5, SL6 and Debian
- This release provides extended support for sites wishing to move the L&B Server's database to a remote DB server (improved support for connection strings in config), moves the location of the L&B Client JAR file to comply with Fedora/EPEL packaging rules, fixes build on the Power PC platform, updates packaging to comply with DH7 packaging standards, and makes sure zombie jobs are properly recognized and reported over L&B server's http interface (i.e., when a JobID is used as an URL in a Web browser). It also provides a fix for n issues discovered in the 4.1.1 version.
All products in the UMD 3.8.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in:
This releases includes updates for the following products:
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|dCache 2.6.28||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||DCACHE|
|CREAM 1.16.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|STORM 1.11.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|WMS 3.6.5||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GridSite 2.2.5||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|LB 4.1.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Gfal2 2.5.5||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|
|DPM-DSI 1.9.3-3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EPEL|