UMD 3.7.0 is the seventh update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified
Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure.
This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6.
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and
more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please
send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release
notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the
Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
This release contains the following products:
- ARC v. 13.11.1 released in SL5, and SL6:
- This is a minor release, fixing a number of bugs and introducing several new features like Rucio or Axix. Some components were deprecated ( arc-ur-logger, GACL-related and DQ2 DMC) and some are replaced by new commands.
File Access, File Transfer, Storage Management:
- DPM v. 1.8.8 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This release provides some new features which were required for the recompilation of many plugins together with a new DB connection pooling indmlite-adapter and mysql which prevents a deadlock under load of dpm-xrootd andwebdav. Also several bug fixes and improvements are adressed namely those related with the mountpoints /dpm.
- GridWay v. 5.14.2 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This is a repackaged release due to some missing dependencies
- WMS v. 3.6.4 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This is a bug fix release which solves the problem of the job submission fails when job ID starts with a dash and WMS callout to LCMAPS.
- CREAM-UI v.1.15.3 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This release fixes some minor issues namelly one with the glite-ce-job-output and glite-ce-job-status.
- dCache-srmclient v. 2.2.22 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This release provides support for SHA2 certificates and it now uses by default jblovus 2.0. Migrating to this version of SRM Client is therefore recommended. This release also solves the jumbo proxy issue.
- LFC v. 1.8.8 released in SL5 and SL6:
- No new features or improvements; released from the same source code as DPM 1.8.8
- BDII core v. 1.5.7 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This release provides a new version of the glue-validator together with the glite-info-provider-service which contains some fixes for minor bugs.
- GSI-SSHTerm v. 2.1.0 released in SL5 and SL6:
- This is a minor release and now GSISSH uses JGlobus 2.0.6 in order to patch Windows error. Also a fix is providede in order to solve the expired proxy bug due to change in return error message.
- GridSite v. 2.2.3 released in both Sl5 and SL6:
- This is a revision of GridSite, fixing improperly initiated time constants in signature verification code.
- CANl v. 2.2.2 released in SL5, SL6
- This release fixes some of the problems found in certificate chain validation.
There are also new versions of:
- bouncycastle-mail, 1.46-2 solving https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=104768 - " Job submission fails for VOs supported by VOMS server with SHA-512 host certificate"
- umd-release, 3.0.1, containing more signatures, EPEL's and QCG's
All products in the UMD 3.7.0 release were verified against EGI's current
Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links)
to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor
architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze).
Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and
staged rollout are collected in:
This release includes updates for the following products:
- BDII core
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|WMS 3.6.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GSI-SSHTerm 2.1.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|ARC 13.11.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||ARC|
|BDII core 1.5.7||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CANL 2.2.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CREAM UI 1.15.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Gridsite 2.2.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|DPM 1.8.8||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|LFC 1.8.8||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|bcmail 1.46.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|xroot-libs 3.3.6||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UMD-3 Repository Configuration 3.0.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EGI|
|dCache-SRM-client 2.2.22||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GridWay 5.14.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|Gfal2 2.4.9||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|