UMD 3.5.0 is the fifth update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
- This is a minor released which changes the behavior of the start and abort a transaction and raise exception when not connected during send_all.
- This release provides fixes for security vulnerabilities that were recently reported, and several bug fixes namely at the level of the webdav service.
- This is a revision for ProxyRenewal, which makes sure 1024-bit keys are explicitly requested from Globus, overriding the current Globus default of 512 bits.
- This release it incorporate changes from the standard openssh package and its now SHA-2 compliant.
- This is a maintenance release of L&B which provides some fixes for packaging, rare memory handling issues, permissions for integration with CREAM, and improvements in the reliability of the Site Notification Keeper.
- This release provides support for SHA2 certificates together with support for iRODS, http transfer and an extension in GetFactoryAttributes method in order to support SLURM. There also an enhancement of the support for parallel and multi-scale applications.
- This is a maintenance release to address some specific problems related with dpm-xroot and dav filesystem configuration.
- This is a revision of GridSite, turning off server-side TLS tickets support, which has been turned on by default since OpenSSL 1.0.
- This is a minor release which introduces some small tuning like the catch for xml parser exceptions to fix db loader crash or the way SLURM parser handles the time unit prefixes.
- This released provides a fix for the MPI support for SLURM jobs.
- This revision contains library dependencies cleanups, warnings fixes, and improved packaging together with bug-fix, related to key usage extension value in proxy certificates created with the library.
All products in the UMD 3.5.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
- Apel parser
- Apel ssm
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|QCG-Broker 3.2.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||QCG|
|QCG-Broker-client 3.2.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||QCG|
|Globus GSISSH 5.3.10||sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|BLAH 1.24.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|APEL parser 2.2.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|APEL SSM 2.1.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|LB 4.0.12||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CANL 2.2.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|StoRM 1.11.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|glite-proxyrenewal 2.1.3||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|GridSite 2.2.1||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Globus GridFTP 5.2.5||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|Globus GRAM5 5.2.5||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|GSI-SSHTerm 2.0.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|