UMD 3.4.0 is the fourth update of the third Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release contains support for both Scientific Linux 5 and 6 and also Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
- This release fixes the wrong total cpu count from PBS infoprovider together with a dependency issue with lcg-info-dynamic-scheduler
- This is a major release of ARC-CE and include updates for both server and client tools. Among several new features now ARC client tools use by default the new client-side BDB job storage if available this leads to an backwards incompatible since jobs stored in xml file will not be accessed.
- This release provides and optimization of the GetFactoryAttributes method together with an extension element in SLURM module and some bug fixes.
- On this release there a new version of glite-yaim-bdii that sets the top BDII cache validity to 4 days by default. Also this release also contains a new version of glue-validator-cron that logs only the results for full EGI profile GLUE 2 validation.
- This release decommissions the FCR (Freedom of Choice of Resources) mechanism that is no longer needed in the top BDII.
- This release provides server improvements like the option for disabling Current Messages and several bugfixes.
- This is a minor release of GridSite addressing the issue of key lengths being hard-coded at 512 bits. It inclreases the default key length to 1024 bits, and exposes new functions in the API to accepts custom key lengths.
All products in the UMD 3.4.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 and Scientific Linux 6 (x86_64 processor architecture). Some products are also supported in 64 bit Debian 6 (squeeze). Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository.
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|CREAM Torque module 2.1.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|BDII CORE 1.5.5||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|BDII TOP 1.1.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Gridsite 2.2.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|ARC-arc 13.11.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64||ARC|