UMD 2.3.0 is the 5th update of second Major release of UMD (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release introduces support for Scientific Linux 6 and Debian 6 (Squeeze).
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report.
- New dependencies on: openldap-clients python-ldap glite-lb-client-progs perl-dpm perl-lfc dpm-devel lfc-devel
- Added 32b clients for DPM, LFC, GFAL/lcg_util
- JobDBAdminPurger cannot purge jobs if CREAM DB is on another host
- Add some resubmission machinery to CREAM
- CREAM doesn't transfer the output files remotely under well known conditions
- Better parsing for static definition files in lcg-info-dynamic-scheduler
- Malformed URL from glite-ce-glue2-endpoint-static
- CREAM cannot insert in the command queue if the lenght of the localUser field is > 14 chars
- Wrong DN format in logfiles for accounting
- First release in SL6
- Added mdservice site option for Version Information Publish
- New version of HTTP/DAV frontend relying on dmlite
- Improved gLite to EMI migration procedure
- Improved support for load balancing of the daemons
- Extended the maximum number of daemon threads
- Support for wildcards on the list of trusted hosts
- Support for py26 on the API
- Extensions to the webadmin service
- Publishes the EMI version also for the doors
- Configurable pool selection algorithms
- Support for SSH 2 protocol
- Several third party libraries upgraded
- First release of the EMI service registry in UMD
- Improved Debian packaging.
- Improved memory management and process management.
- Improved scalability and reliability
- First release in UMD
- Customisations for the updated PRACE Tier-1 systems for PRACE users.
- Update of MyProxy Tool that improves the user experience.
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-2:UMD-2.3.0
- UNICORE HILA
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|AMGA 2.3.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|CREAM 1.14.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|dCache 2.2.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|EMIR 1.2.0||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Globus GSISSH 4.3.5||sl5/x86_64||IGE|
|Globus GSISSH 5.3.5||sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|SAGA 1.6.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|Globus GRAM5 IGE 5.2.2||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|LFC 1.8.4||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|UNICORE HILA 2.3.0||debian6/amd64, sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|EMI-WN 2.0.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|Globus-32-bit 5.2.2||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||IGE|
|LB 3.2.8||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|
|EMI-UI 2.0.1||sl5/x86_64, sl6/x86_64||EMI|