UMD 1.7.0 is the eighth release of UMD-1 (Unified Middleware Distribution) made available for the EGI production infrastructure. This release provides regular maintenance updates from Technology Providers, as well as two new products.
For further information about the UMD, its goals and surrounding processes, and more information about how to engage as a Technology Provider with EGI, please send an Email to: cto (at) egi.eu.
Technical Contact Info
For any bugs and issues you encounter that are not described in the release notes of this UMD release, or the related documentation provided by the Technology Providers, please visit the EGI Helpdesk to make a report
This release contains the following products:
gLite Platform (Provided by EMI):
- CREAM sub-components:
- BLAH 1.16.5: This updates of BLAH fixes a problem with the new BLparser that can happen under high load. It also addresses an issue with the new BLParser with LSF: bhist is not used anymore and therefore the load caused by the bupdater is much lower than before. This new BLAH version also enables the submissions to Torque version 2.5.8
- DPM MySQL 1.8.3: Added thread safe CSEC_MECH. Packaging is now Fedora compliant. Added synchronous dpm_get support. Added support for MySQL 5.5 for the db creation script. SRMv1 is now disabled by default. Added sample my.cnf configuration file. New HTTP/DAV frontend daemon.
- dCache 1.9.12-13: Fixed several bugs in the pools, in particular restoring compatibility with ARC concerning http compliance and ensuring forward compatibility of https movers. The admin interface was improved to support changing terminal sizes after login. We also improved several logging issues such asa noisy but harmless null pointer exceptions in xrootd, webdav, ftp, gridftp, and kerberosftp
Data management services:
- LFC MySQL 1.8.3: Added thread safe CSEC_MECH. Packaging is now Fedora compliant. Added support for MySQL 5.5 for the db creation script. Added sample my.cnf configuration file. New HTTP/DAV frontend daemon.
- LFC Oracle 1.8.3
- UI and WN subcomponents:
- LCG Utils 1.12.0: Supporting GLUE 2. Return estimatedWaitTime for files in an asyncrhonous SRM request in Python. FTS overwrite changes to improve stat logic before deleting the dest file services.xml usage with is-interface. Other minor bug fixes.
Job management services:
- WMS 3.3.5: Enable wildcards in FQANs in WMproxy GACL file, a scalability issue that affected all the GRAM-based CEs: given that the grid_monitor process was not instantiated in the WMS, Condor felt back on non-scaling GRAM polling
Globus platform (Provided by IGE):
- GSISSH 4.3.5 (Interactive Job Access)
- GSISSH Term 1.3.3 (Interactive Job Access): GSISSHTerm with ge improvements. Fix wrong paths in wrapper script
- GRAM5 5.2.0 (Compute services): New SLURM backend for GRAM5.
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-1:UMD-1.7.0
This is the eighth release of the UMD-1 that is made available for EGI's production infrastructure. All products in the UMD 1.7.0 release were verified against EGI's current Quality Criteria (for further information, please see the documentation links) to support 64 bit Scientific Linux 5 (x86_64 processor architecture).
Installation and configuration notes are available in the EGI repository
Details containing known issues and workarounds found in EGI verification and staged rollout are collected in the EGI Wiki.
This release introduces two new products: LFC for Oracle and globus GRAM5. More details are provided in the individual product release announcements referenced in the product overview table at the end of this UMD release announcement.
|Product||Platforms Supported||Provided By|
|LFC mysql 1.8.3||sl5/x86_64||EMI|
|LFC oracle 1.8.3||sl5/x86_64||EMI|
|Globus GSISSH 4.3.5||sl5/x86_64||IGE|
|Globus GRAM5 IGE 5.2.0||sl5/x86_64||IGE|
|Workload Management System 3.3.5||sl5/x86_64||EMI|